My professional work history and profile can be read in its entirety on LinkedIn, and on my resume.
skills, and some of the ways I can help you:
- Set up and configure broadband connections.
- Set up and configure home/business networks.
- Train clients on how to use their networks.
- Set up and configure firewalls and VPN solutions.
- Specializing in securing/locking down machines, network shares, broadband connections, and Wi-Fi network security.
- Businesses with servers: setting up and optimizing network access, shared data repositories, and group security access at Active Directory level with login scripts and network shares.
- Cloud: education on cloud technology, both the dangers and advantages, and where it can/should fit in your business model.
- Synchronizing: Android, Apple, Microsoft, all provide synchronization from mobile devices to the home or office. Provide education and training on best practices, and illustrate the efficiency potential of continuously synchronized data.
- Businesses with CRM/other databases: analyzing data integrity, creating, and testing database backups.
- Educate and train clients on how to use Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Install new operating systems.
- Virus/malware: scanning, removal, verification, and education on avoiding the usual pitfalls that cause infestation.
- Anti-spam/Anti-Phishing: I take special glee from getting these people shut down, and analyzing their scams and tricks, and provide clients with the tips to avoid these fraudsters.
- Backup data from old computer and restore it to new machine, and provide orientation on new environment.
- Educate and train on Microsoft Office products.
- Give non-commissioned advice on computer upgrade ideas, and the most efficient/effective use of computer upgrade budgets.
- Build new power-machines from scratch.
- Add/train on new hardware purchases.
- Educate and train clients that want to learn about starting a website.
- Set up/change email clients from many different providers into one unified inbox.
- Fix computers having software conflicts.
- Fix computers having hardware conflicts.
- Clean up and optimize computers running slowly.
- Answer the nagging questions of "How in the world do I do 'X'?"
- Help make sense out of computer TLA-hell (three letter acronym), and explain technology in ways that are easy to understand.